Sebastian Wandelt, PhD
Full Professor (教授, 博导), 青年千人
Department of Electronics and Information Engineering
Phone: +86 10 8233 8036
I am a professor at Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Beihang University. My work is broadly on the design and evaluation of scalable algorithms and data management techniques, with a focus the underlying computational challenges. The application domains are various, including intelligent transportation systems, complex networks, bioinformatics. In addition, I have an interest in the robustness and evolution of all kinds of systems.
The results of my research are published in leading transportation journals (e.g., Transportation Science, Transportation Research Part A/B/C/E, Transport Policy, and IEEE T-ITS), as well as computer science journals (e.g., Future Generation Computer Systems and Information Sciences) and conferences (e.g., PVLDB). A list of recent key publications can be found below.
According to my wide area of interest, I am an active and reliable reviewer for many international journals, including Nature Biotechnology, Transportation Research Part A/B/C/D/E, Transportmetrica A/B, and several IEEE Transactions, such as Vehicular Technology / Intelligent Transportation Systems / Knowledge and Data Engineering. I also occasionally review for several Computer Science and Bioinformatics journals, given my past research interests.
Ten selected key publications:
- Sebastian Wandelt, Xiaoqian Sun*, et al. Towards Analyzing the Robustness of the Integrated Global Transportation Network Abstraction (IGTNA).
Transportation Research Part A-Policy and Practice 178, pp. 103838, 2023, IF=6.4 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, Xiaoqian Sun*, et al. AI-driven assistants for education and research? A case study on ChatGPT for air transport management.
Journal of Air Transport Management 113, pp. 102483, 2023, IF=6.0 (Q2) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, Yifan Xu, et al. Measuring node importance in air transportation systems: On the quality of complex network estimations.
Reliability Engineering & System Safety 240, pp. 109596, 2023, IF=8.1 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, Xiaoqian Sun*, et al. Is the aircraft leasing industry on the way to a perfect storm? Finding answers through a literature review and a discussion of challenges.
Journal of Air Transport Management 111, pp. 102426, 2023, IF=6.0 (Q2) DOI
- Yifan Xu, Sebastian Wandelt, et al. A Distributionally Robust Optimization Approach for Airline Integrated Recovery under in-flight Pandemic Transmission Risks.
Transportation Research Part C-Emerging Technologies 152, pp. 104188, 2023, IF=8.3 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, Weibin Dai, et al. Towards a Reference Experimental Benchmark for Solving Hub Location Problems.
Transportation Science 56, pp. 543-564, 2022, IF=4.6 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, Wei Lin, et al. From Random Failures to Targeted Attacks in Network Dismantling.
Reliability Engineering & System Safety 218, pp. 108146, 2022, IF=8.1 (Q1) DOI
- Yifan Xu, Sebastian Wandelt, et al. Airline Integrated Robust Scheduling with a Variable Neighborhood Search based Heuristic.
Transportation Research Part B-Methodological 149, pp. 181-203, 2021, IF=6.8 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, Xiaoqian Sun*, et al. ADS-BI: Compressed Indexing of ADS-B Data.
IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 19(12), pp. 3795-3806, 2018, IF=8.5 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, Zezhou Wang, et al. Worldwide Railway Skeleton Network: Extraction Methodology and Preliminary Analysis.
IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 18(8), pp. 2206-2216, 2017, IF=8.5 (Q1) DOI