Xiaoqian Sun, PhDAssociate Professor (副教授, 博导), Department of Electronics and Information Engineering
Vice dean, School of General Engineering
Phone: +86 10 8233 8036
I am an associate professor at Beihang University since April 2015. Before joining Beihang, I worked for eight years in the German Aerospace Center (DLR). I have received a PhD degree from Hamburg University of Technology for my work on multi-criteria decision analysis in air transportation in 2012, under the supervision of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Volker Gollnick. Previously, I earned a Master degree in Control Theory and a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering from Northwestern Polytechnical University in 2008 and 2005, respectively.
I am currently a vice dean of the School of General Engineering at Beihang University, a Theodore von Kármán fellow of RWTH Aachen, a TU Dresden fellow, and a board member of ALICANTO. In my research, I am mostly interested in air transportation networks and resilience of complex networks. My research is published in venues such as Transportation Science, Transportation Research Part A/B/C/E, Transport Policy, Networks and Spatial Economics, Transportmetrica A/B.. A list of my key publications can be found below.
I have reviewed for various international journals in the past, covering domains of transportation (Transportation Research Part B/C/D/E/F, Journal of Air Transport Management, Research in Transportation Business & Management, Transportmetrica A/B, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems), optimization (Computers & Operations Research, Computers & Industrial Engineering, Operation Research Perspectives), and networked systems (Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Complexity, Applied Network Science). A detailed CV is available on request.
Ten selected key publications:
- Sebastian Wandelt, Weibin Dai, et al. Towards a Reference Experimental Benchmark for Solving Hub Location Problems.
Transportation Science forthcoming, 2021, IF=4.117 (Q2)
- Xiaoqian Sun, Sebastian Wandelt*, et al. Delayed reaction towards emerging COVID-19 variants of concern: Does history repeat itself?.
Transportation Research Part A-Policy and Practice 152, pp. 203-215, 2021, IF=5.594 (Q1) DOI
- Xiaoqian Sun, Sebastian Wandelt*, et al. Vaccination Passports: Challenges for a Future of Air Transportation.
Transport Policy 110, pp. 394-401, 2021, IF=4.674 (Q1) DOI
- Xiaoqian Sun, Sebastian Wandelt*, et al. On the degree of synchronization between air transport connectivity and COVID-19 cases at worldwide level.
Transport Policy 105, pp. 115-123, 2021, IF=4.674 (Q1) DOI
- Xiaoqian Sun, Sebastian Wandelt*, et al. Comparative Accessibility of Chinese Airports and High-Speed Railway Stations: A high-resolution, yet scalable framework based on Open Data.
Journal of Air Transport Management 92, pp. 102014, 2021, IF=4.134 (Q2) DOI
- Xiaoqian Sun, Sebastian Wandelt*, et al. How did COVID-19 impact air transportation? A first peek through the lens of complex networks.
Journal of Air Transport Management 89, pp. 101928, 2020, IF=4.134 (Q2) DOI
- Xiaoqian Sun, Sebastian Wandelt*, et al. Airport Road Access at Planet Scale using Population Grid and Openstreetmap.
Networks & Spatial Economics 20, pp. 273-299, 2020, IF=2.538 (Q2) DOI
- Xiaoqian Sun, Sebastian Wandelt*, et al. Competitiveness of on-demand air taxis regarding door-to-door travel time: A race through Europe.
Transportation Research Part E-Logistics and Transportation Review 119, pp. 1-18, 2018, IF=6.875 (Q1) DOI
- Xiaoqian Sun, Sebastian Wandelt*, et al. Multiple airport regions based on inter-airport temporal distances.
Transportation Research Part E-Logistics and Transportation Review 101, pp. 84-98, 2017, IF=6.875 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt and Xiaoqian Sun*. Evolution of the international air transportation country network from 2002 to 2013.
Transportation Research Part E-Logistics and Transportation Review 82, pp. 55-78, 2015, IF=6.875 (Q1) DOI