Sebastian Wandelt, PhD
Full Professor (教授, 博导), 青年千人
Department of Electronics and Information Engineering
Phone: +86 10 8233 8036
I am a professor at Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Beihang University. My work is broadly on the design and evaluation of scalable algorithms and data management techniques, with a focus the underlying computational challenges. The application domains are various, including intelligent transportation systems, complex networks, bioinformatics, and many more. In addition, I have a specific interest in the robustness of all kinds of systems.
The results of my research are published in journals in diverse high-impact journals on transportation (e.g., Transportation Research Part E and IEEE Transaction on Intelligent Transportation Systems), as well as computer science journals (e.g., Future Generation Computer Systems and Information Sciences) and conferences (e.g., PVLDB). A list of recent key publications can be found below.
According to my wide area of interest, I am an active and reliable reviewer for many international journals, including Nature Biotechnology, Transportation Research Part A/B/C/D/E, Transportmetrica A/B, and several IEEE Transactions, such as Vehicular Technology / Intelligent Transportation Systems / Knowledge and Data Engineering. I also occasionally review for several Computer Science and Bioinformatics journals, given my past research interests.
Ten selected key publications:
- Sebastian Wandelt, et al. Estimation and improvement of transportation network robustness by exploiting communities.
Reliability Engineering & System Safety 206, pp. 107307, 2021, IF=5.04 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, et al. An Efficient and Scalable Approach to Hub Location Problems based on Contraction.
Computers & Industrial Engineering 151, pp. 106955, 2021, IF=4.135 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, et al. Complex network metrics: Can deep learning keep up with tailor-made reference algorithms?.
IEEE Access 8, pp. 68114-68123, 2020, IF=3.745 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, et al. On the use of random graphs as null model of large connected networks.
Chaos Solitons & Fractals 119, pp. 318-325, 2019, IF=3.764 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, et al. ADS-BI: Compressed Indexing of ADS-B Data.
IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 19(12), pp. 3795-3806, 2018, IF=6.319 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, et al. Column-wise compression of open relational data.
Information Sciences 457-458, pp. 48-61, 2018, IF=5.91 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, et al. Worldwide Railway Skeleton Network: Extraction Methodology and Preliminary Analysis.
IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 18(8), pp. 2206-2216, 2017, IF=6.319 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, et al. Lossless Compression of Public Transit Schedules.
IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 17(11), pp. 3075-3086, 2016, IF=6.319 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, et al. Efficient Compression of 4D-Trajectory Data in Air Traffic Management.
IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 16(2), pp. 844-853, 2015, IF=6.319 (Q1) DOI
- Sebastian Wandelt, et al. Evolution of the international air transportation country network from 2002 to 2013.
Transportation Research Part E-Logistics and Transportation Review 82, pp. 55-78, 2015, IF=4.69 (Q1) DOI